Monday, July 14, 2008

item 11, week 5--Award Winning 2.0

I chose to look at Del.icio.us, as I had heard it mentioned by a teacher I was working with. I think that it could be very helpful for me since I am often working with a different computer, depending on whether or not I brought my laptop home this particular day. Also, I'm collaborating with other librarians on a project this year and it would help us to share information. Looking over the popular sites brought some interesting topics up too.
I had used Travel I.Q. before and enjoyed playing it again. I know my limitations though--I didn't try Africa or the far east!
I looked at Ning, but couldn't see any reason to join an on-line social network. When I have a need to socialize with people I don't come in contact with already, I'll sign up. One more name and password are more than I can manage today.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Do you remember when Joyce Valenza asked us to join her Ning - about four or five months ago? I started to join and then changed my mind for the same reason you stated. At this point in my life and schedule, joining would just be another task for me to keep up with on a regular basis.

As you can tell from many of my comments, I think it's important professionally for us to be aware of all Web 2.0 tools but, it doesn't mean we have to use them.